At any Hot Times event, we ask that our guests abide by these rules to encourage an atmosphere of consent, respect, and Hot Times!
1) Respect everyone you meet here and be polite – staff, volunteers and other guests. For us, respect means
welcoming differences and treating everyone with dignity. Respect the space. Clean up after yourself. What the
organizers say goes. These rules are non-negotiable. If you see something that makes you uncomfortable in some way,
please speak with one of the identified organizers. People may be spoken to by an organizer or asked to leave.
2) Everything you do tonight, you have to get VERBAL permission for, i.e. consent. Consent is an active
process of listening and open communication, not just a question asked at the beginning. Ask for ongoing
consent, including from the person or people you came with. Keep asking as the night goes on. Organizers will
be there to check in with you and your consent practices throughout the night.
3) Don’t make assumptions about anyone’s sex, gender, gender presentation, sexual orientation, or what they
are into. People’s bodies and appearances correspond with their identities in different ways, and not necessarily
the way we’re taught to assume in society. Please ask respectfully. If you’re unsure of someone’s pronoun, use
“they” or “ze/hir.”
4) What you see at a Hot Times event stays there. No gossiping. No exceptions. This is a confidential
space. No use of recording devices or phones allowed.
5) Drugs or alcohol are not offered at many Hot Times events, and if you appear to be intoxicated you could be asked to leave.